Friday 13 April 2012

pop tarts S'mores flavour

Hi there. I've never had an actual s'more, after researching them they sound quite nice and ridiculously messy. They are basically a block of chocolate and a layer of marshmallow sandwiched between buscuits called Graham Crackers which are a sweetned version of a traditional biscuit. Cooked over campfires somehow.

In researching what flavours of pop tarts I should buy, S'mores flavour kept coming up, they sounded nice too and they are nice but...

This is an example of trying to do too much I think, there's too much going on to get any distinct flavour. I'm not sold on the frosting either, it doesn't really make too much of a difference. Let's look a bit closer.


I tried them straight out of the packet and it was then that I realized you really do need to heat pop tarts up to enjoy them the most. So the next time I toasted them. I could tell straight away that it was better because I could smell them.

So, the flavour. You can see where they're coming from but you can only get a hint of the marshmallow, any flavour is overidden by the pastry really and as I've said before the frosting doesn't really add any flavour at all. The chocolate tastes more like a fudge than pure chocolate, I don't know, but I do know there wasn't enough of it. I think if it was divided 50/50 rather than stripes, you could get a better appreciation for the flavours.

I just think to is a step too far, it's been a while since I've had pop tarts so maybe they have changed and get less filling now. I have two more flavours to try, Chocolate Fudge and Strawberry, hopefully they will be more satisfying in that the flavour will be straight forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment