Friday 8 March 2013

Peanut Toffee Cookie Marvellous Creation


This one is a really bold statement as far as flavour goes, and it is my favourite of the three marvellous creations, let's take a look.

Starting with the chocolate, it's that distinct Cadbury flavour but it's actually a minor player in the flavour profile of this product, one of the major players is the peanut which has been dry roasted and only slightly crushed. The cookie portion adds a lot of texture to the pieces and is a nice vanilla flavour but the real secret to why I like this flavour is the toffee.

I've been seeing salted caramel used in a lot of things now and wondered what the fuss was about, but in this marvellous creation I understand why. The toffee has a distinctive saltiness that balances perfectly with the rich flavour of the peanut and the sweetness of the chocolate, plus it adds a third texture to the chocolate pieces which makes every bite different. Delicious!

So much going on in this bar and I enjoy eating it. I do buy this fairly often, I will talk about the third flavour at a later date and the problems arising out of using certain types of products in chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment